My darling Fai is leaving soon, furthering her studies in Penang~
Sighs, it used to be me who left others behind but now, everyone is moving on, writing new chapters of their lives. I’m terribly happy for them, of course. I guess it never really hits you how fast time flies until big changes come, right?
Anyway, enough of my sappy thoughts.
You’ll be off soon, pursuing something I hope you love, making the world a better place and probably force me to become more environmentally friendly. So before you go, I shall give you a few notes and little things.
- Don’t be afraid of making new friends. Even if they don’t really have anything in common with you. Some are going to be totally different from you, some may not even know about K-Pop, and even more Doctor Who. Others could be someone in the same boat as you. Anyway, it’s a time to explore and mingle with new people.
- Choose who you become close to wisely. First off, there is nothing wrong if you don’t have anyone you can hang with just yet. It’s fine if you wanna hang somewhere by yourself. But also, don’t isolate yourself either. You have no obligations to join a group or whatsoever but don’t be shy to try hang with a few peeps either.
- Join all the clubs/societies you want >< You may not actually participate in all of them but at least you know you could ;P
- Find a balance. Study but not till you don’t see the light of day. Take breaks and time for yourself in between. Play but try to do activities to benefit you too.
- Prioritise. This is the main principle I apply if I have a lot of work. Do what’s important first, ignore the rest. Okay, not the best advice but the first part is true though. If you don’t finish work, finish it by half so it looks like you did some work. Valuable info from a professional procrastinator.
- Dare to ask. Ask away. Learn, absorb, explore. Be curious and don’t wait till it’s too late.
- Read. Read a lot. Read everything. Read newspapers or articles or whatsoevermore. Read my blog B)
- Don’t be afraid to take on responsibilities. Be a leader. Take a duty. Perfect or not, it will develop your character either way. It definitely will make you see your strength and weaknesses and it may tire your but it will all be worth it.
- Don’t forget your 3Fs: Faith, Family and Friends. You see a mosque there, try to go there as frequently as possible because I definitely miss bersolat jemaah. Never forget to call your parents like on a weekly basis even if you have nothing to say. And of course, don’t forget to keep in touch with us friends *coughs*especially me*coughs* even if it is not as frequent. Tell us everything ><
- Finally, enjoy yourself. It shall be a rollercoaster ride of emotions. And know that I’m always here on the end of the phone if you need me. Even if it is 2am in the morning and you need someone to vent to, feel free to wake me up and call me~
Also, playlists :
And finally, don’t forget to enjoy the food in Penang. It shall be delicious~